Friday, November 30, 2012

Baby Gift Set - Sewing diy

Matching Bibs, Burb Cloths, Diaper Pouch and Tie Onesie







This gift set was so much fun to make because I knew it would be used and loved by my soon to be cousins' son. Eliana and I unfortunately missed the baby shower because we already had our Florida vacation booked, but we attended in spirit and gift.

I chose three coordinating fabrics for the set that were appropriate for a boy, but honestly I love two of the fabrics so much that I may go back and get more to make something for Eliana too.



Three coordinating bibs:











I love the pearlized snap on this bib.




They were lined with a very soft off-white minky fabric and had fusible fleece sewn between the layers so that they would be more absorbent.



I use a free pattern on Purl Bee for all my bibs.  I have made several for Eliana to match outfits with the same pattern - I think it is a nice size and shape.

Three coordinating burb cloths:

I made a sleeve to hold the burp cloths and added my label to the green fabric sleeve.











I lined them with a soft terry cloth.





The burp cloths were a half a yard long and about 11 inches wide. 



Burp Cloths with their Matching Bibs:








Coordinating Diaper Pouch:



It folds into a nice size to either carry or throw into a diaper bag








It has a pocket on the inside when you open it to hold a couple diapers, wipes and cream


When opened it is long enough for a baby to lay on it while you change their diaper with a pocket that holds all the necessities.


I found the tutorial to make this at: Cluck Cluck Sew.  I only altered it slightly by adding two of the coordinating fabrics for the outside (instead of one) and the soft minky for the inside (instead of chenille).

Coordinating Tie Onesie:




I found a tutorial for the tie onesie at: The Cottage Home  I altered the size of the tie from the tutorial because the tie was too big for a 0-3 month onesie.


And the back...




I added one of my clothing labels onto the back outside.


I think it looks cute and adds to the homemade look.


The Whole Set:





2 comments:

  1. So much to say about this project. The coordinating theme rocks, the fabric is cool, and the sewing is perfect! You deserve an applause for coming up with those special baby gift! :)

    ReplyDelete